header
history PDF Print E-mail
  The house has its history …

1514, in Martin Luther’s time, the house was built by Hans Weisheit. 1520, the year Lucas Cranach, the famous son of the city of Kronach, made his copper etching of Luther, the house was sold to Barthel Weisheit and Hans Fleischmann. Between 1541 and 1875 the "Wooden House", as it was called, changed hands about 20 times. Bought by Johannes Hummel in 1875, it stayed in the possession of the family Hummel, a famous pastor’s family, who lived in it. 

  An idea was born ...

Cityhotel Pfarrhof in Kronach
The old rectory at the historic city centre at the bottom of the fortress Rosenberg provided all the necessary conditions to put this plan into action.
The intention was a small, sophisticated city hotel offering warmth and a neat ambiance within the historic atmosphere of the "Obere Stadt".
On August 30th 2003, the time had come. After one year of extensive renovation, the Cityhotel Pfarrhof was finally opened. At the redevelopment, especially the guest’s demands were considered.

    Even smaller – even nicer …

… was the motto for the renovation of the second house "Am Pförtchen".  The designated historic building looks back on a history of over 500 years, too. Two comfort double rooms and a suite were built at the house only a stone’s throw away from the "Pfarrhof".